[ZOO-Discuss] We need a roadmap

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Nov 15 02:21:09 PST 2010

Hi René-Luc,

I fully agree with what you said.
Btw., wasn't this also a topic of the last PSC meeting?

For a roadmap in my opinion it's also important to define goals. And what
shall be implemented in future versions (new features).
I think what other projects call "RFC" is what helps to define new features.
And these feature requests make the roadmap.
And then, as you said, others can step in and select a feature they want to
implement.

PSC, what was the final state of the roadmap discussion?

Daniel

2010/11/15 rldhont <rldhont at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> The last 2 mails :
> * ZOO at code sprints by Jeff
> * The new workshop material available by Gérald
> make mandatory the need for a roadmap
>
> Firstly, if we want more contributors, we must give them a direction.
> Secondly, if we speak about evolution, like GetStatus, we must associate
> it with versions.
>
> I know that Gérald is the only one contributor. I know that Gérald add
> evolution. I know that versioning system takes time.
>
> But If we want some people like me help us maintain, improve and develop
> the ZOO Project :
> WE NEED A ROADMAP.
>
> René-Luc D'Hont
> 3Liz