[Zoo-discuss] BufferPy problem

Farkas H farkas.dus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:52:15 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

this http-Post buffer request [1] (BufferPy, buffers around features
from layer topp:tasmania_water_bodies, 7 features) works.
If I change the layer to topp:states (49 features) the request doesn't
work [2]. You find the error message here [3].
If I buffer just one feature from the states layer the request works
[4]. Every single feature works.

I've noticed this behavior in other layers. One feature works the
whole layer doesn't work.
It looks like that the request from a certain number of objects does
not work anymore.

What's wrong?

I appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Farkas

[1]
<wps:Execute service="WPS" version="1.0.0"
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsExecute_request.xsd">
<ows:Identifier>BufferPy</ows:Identifier>
<wps:DataInputs>
<wps:Input>
<ows:Identifier>InputPolygon</ows:Identifier>
<ows:Title>water bodies</ows:Title>
<wps:Reference xlink:href="http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/ows?Request=GetFeature&Service=WFS&Version=1.0.0&Typename=topp:tasmania_water_bodies"/>
</wps:Input>
<wps:Input>
<ows:Identifier>BufferDistance</ows:Identifier>
<ows:Title>Emergency area.</ows:Title>
<wps:Data>
<wps:LiteralData>0.01</wps:LiteralData>
</wps:Data>
</wps:Input>
</wps:DataInputs>
<wps:ResponseForm>
<wps:ResponseDocument storeExecuteResponse="false">
<wps:Output asReference="true">
<ows:Identifier>Result</ows:Identifier>
</wps:Output>
</wps:ResponseDocument>
</wps:ResponseForm>
</wps:Execute>

[2]
<wps:Reference xlink:href="http:...;Typename=topp:states"/>

[3]
<title>504 Gateway Time-out</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Gateway Time-out</h1>
from the upstream server or application.</p>

[4]
<wps:Reference xlink:href="http:...;Typename=topp:states&FeatureID=states.1"/>