[Zoo-discuss] Zoo-project installation and running on Centos-6

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Dec 18 03:32:29 PST 2015

Hello Francesco,
nice to hear that you are willing to adopt the ZOO-Project.

First of all, I have to say that this documentation has been written 5 years ago, so any help on setting up the ZOO-Project on CentOS is probably needed. The original version was there : [1].

For the package names I have to admit that I don’t have access to any CentOS host to verify the package names, so the correct names will help us to fix this part of the documentation.

For the parameters you added to your httpd.conf for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I think it is not required. Nevertheless, you should need to run ldconfig after you setup your ZOO-Kernel (by running make install). This should probably solve your issue with GetCapabilities and DescribeProcess.

I suppose that there is no need anymore for removing any line from ulinet.c to get it working. I hope you can confirm this by executing services passing parameter by reference rather than by value.

For the issue when trying to Execute a Java service, I supposed that the issue came because you did not setup the ZOO-API Java Class. So I tried it locally but I have a standard Exception report returned in this case and it contains the following information: * Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ZOO * . So there should be no problem here. Maybe it can help me if you can provide the back trace from gdb after the segfault.

I hope to hear back from you,
Best regards,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/ZooDocumentation/ZOOKernel/CentOS_installation