[Zoo-discuss] ZOO 1.4 Java installation

Alexander Kmoch alexander.kmoch at aut.ac.nz
Thu Mar 12 04:55:52 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I have downloaded the ZOO 1.4 release, and tried to compile and install
on a Ubuntu 14.04 and a recent Arch Linux.

Standard configure is fine, but the --with-java is not working for me on
both distros.

In the configure.ac there will be an error message pointing to a
JDK_HOME (aka JAVA_HOME) but in the actual configure only JDKHOME will
be honored. This is a type a presume. Ok, knowing that, the configure
looks/mentions for libjava (although LDFLAGS is -ljvm) in <java
home>/jre/lib/amd64/client

This is a bit weird, because in neither the openjdk7 nor oracle-jdk7
have that folder. libjvm.so resides in  <java
home>jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so and libjava in <java
home>/jre/lib/amd64/libjava.so (amd64 for my architecture of course)

The directory layout is the same for openjdk7 and oracle-jdk7, there is
no client folder. I tried to meddle around with the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
but haven't been successful yet. The includes work wenn JDKHOME (not
JDK_HOME) env var is set properly to a JAVA_HOME (not a JRE_HOME) and
./configure --with-java=$JDKHOME

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Alex