[Zoo-discuss] ZOOGrassModuleStarter instance has no attribute 'logfile

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Mon May 4 00:47:25 PDT 2015

Dear Pablo,
the issue is that for the GRASS-GIS support we are now using the Python support to access GRASS capabilities. So, obviously this leads to some understandable error messages. Nevertheless, I would like to let you know that for each Python error occurring from any service, there is a basic callback function which is called to display the full python stack. Which I think is quite straightforward and usable in many cases.

So even if you are right saying that we should have better error message for this specific issue, it seems a bit difficult to treat it in a different way that the Python support do.

One choice should be to integrate the GRASS-GIS support using directly its native language, this way we can return specific errors messages coming from the GRASS-GIS using functions such as G_set_error_routine() to handle the way we want any error messages coming from GRASS-GIS.

In fact, I have the idea in mind to support GRASS-GIS from the ZOO-Kernel in the same way we do for both OrfeoTollbox and SAGA-GIS for some time, this should solve your specific issue but will require some time to make it available. Furthermore, as we are now implementing the WPS 2.0.0 support which will be available soon, this will postpone, unfortunately the internal GRASS-GIS support for still some time.

I hope you can understand that the error message is not really specific to your issue but illustrate the basic python stack trace supported for each Python services.

I hope you will find your answer in my email.
Best regards,