[Zoo-discuss] Install Mapmint

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Jan 20 12:31:25 PST 2016

Dear Chingchai,
nice to hear that you are trying to install the MapMint product on your platform.

For your first point, there is probably something wrong in the way the database is defined in the main.cfg file or configuration of the database server itself.
For your second point, it seems that the directory to store sessions is not defined or pointing to a non existing directory, or it can also be an issue with privileges to write in this directory.
So we should dig into details about the specific failure to solve them.

In other case, I personally think it is the preferred way, you may use the Ansible scripts we published on github [1] to install MapMint. The script do every single step that I tried to describe earlier in the INSTALL.md file (the one you used). From now, you may refer to the following documentation [2] (the source is also available on github [3]) to setup MapMint with only few command lines.

I hope you can give the Ansible scripts a try and give feedbacks to us.

Best regards,

[1] https://github.com/mapmint/ansible-roles
[2] http://zoo-project.org/mm/userguide-fr/_build/html/introduction/installmapmint.html
[3] https://github.com/mapmint/userguide-fr