[Incubator] SLD Editor

Robert Ward Robert.Ward at scisys.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 05:30:27 PDT 2016

After presenting at FOSS4G UK, we have released as open source a Java SLD Editor based on GeoTools and think it needs help from the wider open source GIS community.
The source code, user guide and developer's guide is available here:
https://github.com/robward-scisys/sldeditor
The application is based on the GeoTools library which underpins GeoServer and so has the advantage that all GeoServer vendor options can be dynamically rendered.

Whilst not wanting to duplicate work, this feature is not available in QGIS, which is written in C++ and has a different rendering engine that does not support GeoServer vendor options.

The application is not complete and some areas need to be refactored however I think the application in its current state more than demonstrates what is possible.

There will certainly need to be collaboration with the GeoTools project but in the future with the GeoPackage and SLD standards groups.

Robert Ward
Technical Architect - Enterprise Solutions & Defence
SCISYS UK Limited
T: +44 (0)1249 466575
E: robert.ward at scisys.co.uk | www.scisys.co.uk

SCISYS UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 4373530.
Registered Office: Methuen Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 0GB, UK.

Before printing, please think about the environment.