Introducing GeoNetwork opensource and myself

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at fao.org
Wed Jun 21 03:40:31 EDT 2006

Hi list,
Just ran into this. Seems like a very good idea and I understand it
was more or less triggered while Jody was in South Africa!?

I'm Jeroen Ticheler, working at the Food and Agriculture Organization
(FAO) in Rome Italy. We are working with several UN agencies and
country initiatives on Spatial Catalogues/ Spatial Data Management
through the development of GeoNetwork opensource (http://
geonetwork.sourceforge.net). Thought it would be a good idea to
introduce that here as the software is running in several places in
Africa already and aims at making spatial data more accessible. A a
FOSS project, you're most welcome to use it and contribute to its
development wherever you can :-)
Ciao,
Jeroen

Jeroen Ticheler
FAO-UN
SDRN - Room F817
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00100 Rome - Italy
Tel/Fax: +39 06 570 56041/53369
http://www.fao.org/geonetwork
http://metart.fao.org