[OSGeo Africa] Spatial data viewer to run off a CD?

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Thu Oct 18 03:48:47 EDT 2007

I haven't done this myself, but I believe you can use OpenLayers
(http://openlayers.org/) by simply writing an html page that uses this
javascript file (http://www.openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js). The
result would be that a browser would open up when the CD is inserted,
with your page with OpenLayers running inside it, which you would
preconfigure to load the data on your CD.

Gavin