[OSGeo Africa] Re: Expertise in FOSS GIS and OSGeo Service Provider Directory

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Nov 22 16:44:19 EST 2008

Hi

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 19:07 +0200, Brendon Wolff-Piggott wrote:
> Dear All
>
> On a similar note to Sindile, I would urge companies and individuals with
> FOSS GIS expertise to register with the OSGeo service providers directory
> on http://www.osgeo.org/submit_profile.  You will need to set up an
> account first if you do not already have one, but the process is very
> simple.

For convenience I have added a quick table for quick links to African
providers to our home page on the osgeo wiki:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Africa_Local_Chapter

So far I've just added SA to the list but we can add more african
countries  (hey its a wiki please others add to it too!). I also urge
everyone to participate on the Africa Local Chapter wiki page above, in
particular the 'getting organised' area. Basically we need volunteers to
look after special interest areas. Looking at other chapters e.g. the
Italians, its obvious just how much can be achieved if we start to get a
little organised - the Italians hold dozens of meetings a year and do
many outreach activities. It would be great if we can follow suite but
first we need to be self organised. Ok I said 'organised' at least ten
times in this paragraph so I guess I made my point :-)

For convenience I also made a tinyurl link to the SA providers list:

http://tinyurl.com/osgeo-southafrica-providers

Regards

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services