[OSGeo Africa] A roadmap for OSGEO Africa

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Oct 3 17:52:18 EDT 2008

Hi All

FOSS4G2008 is more or less at an end (we still have the code sprint
left tomorrow). It has really encouraged me to see so many Africans
interested in FOSS GIS. I have some suggestions on how we can start to
clear a path forward to greater familiarity, comfort and acceptance of
FOSS GIS solutions in Africa. http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Africa
presents a first draft at this and I invite others to comment, edit,
and take action to help make something happen. I would also suggest
that we set ourselves a modest goal of holding two 20 person FOSS GIS
training workshops before the year is out. There are quite a few
people I have already spoken to who have expressed interest in making
this happen so it would be great to get something off the ground here.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net