[OSGeo Africa] African Data

christopher legg christopher.legg at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 04:50:36 EST 2010

Hi Sarel,

I am working on a cassava disease project in "great Lakes" countries of
East Africa, including Tanzania and Uganda. I agree with Craigs
recommendations for data sources for admin boundaries.

There is a problem with Tanzania at the moment. Three new districts have
been created by sub-dividing older districts.

Tarime district now Tarime and Rorya districts
Bukoba now Bukoba and Misenyi
Biharamulo now Biharamulo and Chato

I have not yet been able to get a digital version of the new boundaries.
I can send you a ward map of Tanzania (more detailed than districts) if
you need it (large file, would require ftp site), but this does not have
new districts.

Best regards,

Chris