[OSGeo Africa] Shapefiles of TVBC states

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Wed Oct 10 07:03:57 PDT 2012

    Hi Aslam ,

    Most fascinating topic

    Would your urgency have anything to do with this ?

    http://www.lrg.uct.ac.za/research/focus/tcb

    Traditional Courts Bill

    ( Will use the boundaries as stipulated by the old Bantustans )

    Is this how far we have come in twenty years of "Liberation" ?

    The Bantustans were created by this Act

    Promotion of Bantu Self Governing Act 1959 ( Act No 46 of 1959 )

    ( you can find a copy at "Aluka"  1959-06-19)

    You could have a look at AFRA

    "AFRA: Twenty years in the land rights stuggle, 1979-1999"
    Harley Anne , Fotheringham Romy

    http://www.afra.co.za

    The people that deal with sort of thing at a tertiary level are the
    folks at PLAAS

    http://www.plaas.org.za

    Whether they might have the data sets that you require or have GIS /
    Spatial experts there I do not know ?

    I would assume that some or other Government department would have been
    the formal custodians of that information ( perhaps even your own ? ) --
     the ACT must have had some sort of Spatial / Cadastral content in
    order to define the boundaries and land parcels / cadastre affected ?

    Please let me know if you find it

    Thanks

    CM