[OSGeo Africa] Data required - land ownership and ground water resources

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Thu Feb 7 01:07:56 PST 2013

    A most interesting question

    Are you actually asking if there is a comprehensive SA Land Ownerhsip
    Audit ?

    Far as I know no such thing exists  ( data spread across all sorts of
    defunct and non communicative Gov departments )

    There has to be a Gov department that is in charge of state land

    Dept of Publiuc Works perhaps ?

    Provincial Deeds offices should have private land ownership

    Communal -- Dept of Traditional Leaders ?

    Maybe some private entitiy has all of this info -- at a cost

    AfriGIS perhaps

    or

    https://www1.nga.mil

    I am amazed at the number of requests on this list for data sets. Is
    there not sme sort of SA CLEARING HOUSE for this sort of info ?

    What do these people do ?

    http://csg.dls.gov.za

    http://gsdi.geoportal.csir.co.za/documents/where-to-find-spatial-data

    http://nsif.dla.gov.za

    http://www.ruraldevelopment.gov.za

    There was another National Geospatial site which I cannot now find ?

    In short WHERE is the consolidated geo-spatial data set for SA ?????

    CM