[OSGeo Africa] Wanted: python programmer

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Feb 28 00:59:18 PST 2013

Hi

If you are a python programmer with a good knowledge of GIS, or a GIS
practitioner with a good knowledge of python, and are interested in
relocating to Swellendam for a contract position until the end of September
(with possibility of extension) we may have an opportunity for you! QGIS
python API knowledge would be a big plus! If you are interested, please
reply OFFLIST to  tim at linfiniti.com, providing the following info:

- A CV includiing your complete study and work history, 2 references, SA
residence status
- Your exit salary in your current or last job
- A sample python snippet for some code you have written *yourself*
- An indication of when you would be able to start

Please note, this is not a training position - you will learn a lot on the
project, but you need to arrive here already knowing things like why this
sucks:

from qgis.core import *

...and this is cool...

from qgis.core import QgsCoordinateSystem

- Here are some other buzzwords that will get us scrambling to hire you:
TDD, SCRUM, FABRIC, CI, SPHINX, MWIML*, Attention to detail**

Best regards

* MWIML - ok I totally made that one up....it stands for My Work Is My Life
:-)
** If you reply on-list you probably already failed this one :-P

Tim

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services