[OSGeo Africa] Travel Time Calculation

Uazukuani wazu.uazu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 05:06:58 PST 2013

Hi Gavin

I am under strict instructions to calculate along the road network. It is
for the Census of Agriculture. I have to calculate the travel time from
each village to the nearest urban center "by motorable road" to have a feel
of how long (far) farmers have to travel to get fertilizers, pesticides,
seeds etc.

*It is possible to calculate the closest along the network but that is a
bit more complicated and straight line distance might be good enough.*

I noted that pgRouting is well documented and will definitely give it a
try, but since I have to calculate along the road network and have no prior
experience of pgRouting, are you still recommending it?

rgds,
Uazu