[OSGeo Africa] Wanted: Institution for Mirror for GRASS?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 06:34:11 PST 2013

Hi Gavin

thanks - should have contacted you before, as I was in contact with SUN (Geography) as well and
they told me that you are already talking to them.

The other problem I had with sun mirrors is that they are really slow from outside sun (although
very nice within the SUN network). When SUN is setting up a GRASS mirror, it should be available
from outside SUN.

But as you say: additional mirrors are very welcome, especially if they are further north.

Are there any other African Universities represented on this list which could add some bandwidth
and hdd space for a GRASS mirror?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44