[OSGeo Africa] Tshwane illegally requesting tender for ESRI software

Llewellyn Gush llewellyn at jgdm.gov.za
Tue Jun 4 04:46:41 PDT 2013

Hi Gavin

You are correct that in terms of the FOSS policy this is not compliant,
and probably a who;e lot of other policies as well.

I would venture that this is also illegal in that they openly state a
preference for a single vendor solution mentioning both ESRI And
Microsoft by name, this in terms of the supply chain regulations is
illegal.

Should there be alternative systems that may suit this procurement it
would be wonderful if someone can budget the time to make a submission
and also make objection to the structure of this document.

--
Llewellyn Gush
Information Technology Manager