[OSGeo Africa] OpenGeo Suite and Mavericks

Charles Rethman rethman at me.com
Fri Nov 1 01:26:30 PDT 2013

For any Mac and OS Geo users: OpenGeo Dashboard doesn't work on Mavericks due to some changes in the titanium framework that the Dashboard is built on. However, on my machine OpenGeo Suite 4.0 (beta) does work nicely but Postgres is upgraded to v 9.3, so you have to back up your data. Also, I'm having a little permission problem with the Terminal and psql but I'll (eventually) sort it out. At this stage pgAdmin III is that ships with OpenGeo Suite warns you that it isn't built for PG 9.3 but I have found if to be fine for my purposes. Lastly, the Dashboard manual still pertains to Suite 3.1 (Suite 4.0 Dashboard opens in your browser).

I am sure these little things will get sorted out with the release build of OpenGeo Suite 4.0. Looking forward to that.

Cheers,
Charles Rethman