[OSGeo Africa] Job opportunities at DRDLR

Walter Smit walter.s at sa-solutions.co.za
Tue Apr 15 06:28:12 PDT 2014

I do agree that the terminology used is racist.

However it does only state that those "classifications of people" are
*encouraged* to apply. Remember that these are Occupation Specific
Dispensation (OSD) posts - which means that it is only (registered)
professionals that can apply. In South Africa, in GISc, that would mean
PLATO registered. Guess what that demographic looks like...

So please, all (qualifying) South Africans should apply - you all have a
fair chance. I speak from very recent personal experience...

Regards
Walter Smit
Chief GISc Professional
Spatial Planning and Land Use Management (Freestate)
DRDLR
:-)