[OSGeo Africa] GIS for the middle Zambezi River

Karl Reinecke reineckekarl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 21:05:40 PDT 2014

Hello all
I am new to this list so am unsure of the ethics of posting a request.  I
am struggling to find GIS data for the Zambezi River, specifically I am
interested in the middle Zambezi, upstream of Cahorra Bassa to Batoka gorge
and a little more upstream (a little of Angola, mostly Zambia and
Zimbabwe).  I also need data for the main tributaries if possible as I have
to create a hydro-geomorphological delineation along the river's length.
To do this I need covers with metadata about geology, soils, river slope
(elevation) and vegetation type.  I am in South Africa and the data I have
is restricted to our borders.
The only covers I have found thus far are those for rivers (with no
metadata).
Can anyone point me toward a source?  Any help anyone can offer would be
greatly appreciated.
All the best
Karl