[OSGeo Africa] South African National DEM User Need

Nyaladzi Nleya nyaladzi.nleya at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 03:36:32 PDT 2014

Hi Aslam

I recently decided to investigate the Accuracy of NGI DEM as my research
topic for my Masters degree in Geoinformatics. I am pleased to see that the
NGI is actively assessing the implications of improving accuracy. I am an
environmental scientist by profession so issues related to application of
national DEM and the gaps I have observed in my career will be crucial to
my research.

I sincerely hope people will respond to your survey and the information
forms a solid base from which to argue for improved accuracy.

As part of my study I hope it will in future be possible to package spatial
data in packages that cater for the different professionals that make use
of it. In future I will appreciate any background information or summaries
that have been compiled in support for this initiative to assist my
research.

warm regards

Nyaladzi