[OSGeo Africa] OPENGEO Africa stand for FOSSGIS

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jan 15 12:11:43 PST 2014

Hi all

Is there anyone out there with deep pockets and a carefree attitude towards
divesting themselves of their personal or corporate fortune? It would be
really good to put in a stand (business neutral, only representing the
FOSSGIS cause) at OPENGEO in July this year. I'm happy to donate my time
towards manning the stand and I reckon a few others would be willing to
pitch in to do the same. But I don't have the capacity to do that and cover
the cost of a stand in the exhibition all - see below [1] for details on
the costs involved, or to print up CD's and flyers. It would be great to
knock out say 1000 CD's with QGIS 2.2 (its gonna be awesome folks),
GeoServer, etc etc on it so that we can get one into the hands of every
delegate there. ESRI and other big proprietary vendors will be there and it
is really time we let especially government officials that they don't have
to waste tax payer money on proprietary software. Would anyone else like to
volunteer to help man a stand should the above mentioned deep-pocketed
benefactor come to the fore?

[1] http://www.africageo.org/exhibitors

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member
 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net