[OSGeo Africa] Problem with QGIS2.4 on Unubtu 12.04

Chris Smit gis at geostratics.co.za
Sun Jul 13 04:31:39 PDT 2014

Hi Hanlie,

As far as I know the openlayers plugin is not yet compatible with qgis 2.4. However, I am not sure if the compatibility issue is only for windows.
My novice advice would be to remove the openlayers plugin and wait until the openlayers plugin issue is resovled. Unfortunately I work in a windows environment so can't help with remaimder of your question. You could also ask the gis stackexchange forum for advice.

Regards