[OSGeo Africa] Problem with QGIS QGIS2.4 OTB folder

Kevin Musungu kevin.musungu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:55:33 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,
I would like to use QGIS in my remote Sensing classes next semester.I am
trying to run Orfeo toolbox 'learning' image analysis algorithms as I
develop Remote Sensing practicals. We installed QGIS 2.4 on our PCs through
the standalone exe. However I get an error stating I need to configure the
OTB folder. I assume this refers to the applications and command lines tool
folders. The online solutions I have found only seem to work if QGIS was
installed via OSGEO4w. Is there any solution for the standalone version?
Regards
Kevin