[OSGeo Africa] Shapefiles of African Settlements and conservation areas

Ingrid Booysen Ingrid.Booysen at up.ac.za
Wed Jul 16 05:07:24 PDT 2014

TRY http://www.protectedplanet.net/ for your first request.

Kindest regards
Ingrid Booysen
Senior Cartographer

Unit for Geoinformation and Mapping (25°45'13.56"S  28°13'49"E  1397.5m)
Dept of Geography, Geoinformatics & Meteorology, UP
Physical address: Geography Building 1-9, Hatfield Campus, (cnr of Lynnwood & Roper Streets) Hatfield 0083.
Postal address: Private Bag X20, Hatfield 0028, Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel: +27 12 4202862    Fax: +27 86 6723363
E-mail: ingrid.booysen at up.ac.za
Web: www.up.ac.za/ggm

"Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have strived good enough to be called a failure" - George Elliot

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer to www.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/ADM1064.pdf for full details. Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by www.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/ADM1064.pdf beskikbaar.
>>> "Aslam Parker" <AParker at ruraldevelopment.gov.za> 2014/07/16 01:05 PM >>>

Hi

We are updating our National Map and Southern African map which includes information on neighboring countries

Where can we get shapefiles of:
1. National Parks and conservation areas of Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe

2. Towns/Cities/ Settlements relevant at the 1: 2 000 000 scale. Although I have a points later, we need the settlement/city /town polygon layer so that areas of significant size can be shown as areas and not as points. An indication of population would also be useful for appropriate cartographic representation.

Your advice is always appreciated.

Aslam Parker | Director: Geo-spatial Information and Professional Support
|Chief Directorate: National Geo-spatial Information www.ngi.gov.za| Cape Town|
Tel +27 21 658 4302| Fax +27 86 211 7919| Mobile 082 331 8501| aparker at ruraldevelopment.gov.za

P Please consider the environment before printing this email and/or any related attachments

“The information contained in this email is confidential and may contain proprietary information. It is meant solely for the intended recipient. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful. No liability or responsibility is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason corrupted or does not reach its intended recipient. No warranty is given that this email is free of viruses. The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author not those of Department of Rural Development and Land Reform or its management. Department of Rural Development and Land Reform reserves the right to monitor, intercept and block email addresses to its users or take any action in accordance with its email use policy”. ====================================================================