[OSGeo Africa] Geomatics Qualifications in South Africa and Africa

Aslam Parker APARKER at ruraldevelopment.gov.za
Sun Mar 16 23:59:24 PDT 2014

Hi All

I think it is important that, in general, we pursue qualifications that
leads to registration in the appropriate category (be it professional,
technologist or technician) with the recognized professional body.

In South Africa, only certain institutions are offering qualifications
that are accredited with PLATO for registration.

FYI, we have compiled a list of all academic institutions offering
Geomatics qualifications accredited by PLATO. It can be found at :
https://sites.google.com/site/aparkerdla/
see file:
SA Geomatics Universities and Universities of Technology combined
October 2013.xlsx

Please note that PLATO is currently undertaking accreditation visits to
more institutions, so hopefully this list will grow.

I hope this will help. At AfricaGEO2014 (www.africageo.org), it is
planned to launch the Association of Geomatics Educators in Africa
(AGEA), with one outcome being a comprehensive list of all African
countries.

>>> "Mfundi Mathunjwa" <mfundi.mathunjwa at kobwa.co.za> 3/17/2014 8:08 AM

Hi, Please try UNIGIS (Port Elizabeth)

Regards,