[OSGeo Africa] West coast road data request

Tyrel Flugel tyrel.flugel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:42:06 PDT 2014

Good day everyone,

I have a bit of a long shot request.

I am helping out with some research looking at natural background radiation
levels. My colleague was testing the sensor on some roads and it gave some
interesting results.

 What I am looking for is a vector shapefile for roads that has such
attributes as: road age / type / usuage etc. Basically any information
regarding variables that indicate and/or influence the makeup of the road.
Roads of interest are those of the West Coast (between Cape Town to Veldrif
and extending inland to Paarl).

We are looking to turn this into an academic publicationa and/or a SU
Honours project (if the pilot works).

Does any one think such a shapefile even exists ?

Best answer I have had so far is to go through Gov Gazette and make my
own...

 Many thanks,
 Tyrel Flügel