[OSGeo Africa] QGIS2.4.0 issues

Howard Frederick simbamangu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 00:00:27 PDT 2014

Have you tried doing those same operations on a subset of the data?
On 13 Oct 2014 17:36, "S Coetzer" <geotech.sarel at gmail.com> wrote:

Good day

I was wondering if someone encountered the same issues with QGIS 2.4.0

I on Windows 7, 64bit, 16GB RAM, 4 processors.

I am using a shapefile with 1.5mil records and the following functions in
QGIS fails:

- Check Geometry Validation - function not writing output errors
- Multipart to Singlepart - functions hangs
- Eliminate sliver polygons - Functions hangs - not picking up the selected
vector input

Any suggestions or someone with similar experience ?

Best Regards
Sarel Coetzer