[OSGeo Africa] Free South African Aerial Imagey WMS Layer

Aslam Parker AParker at ruraldevelopment.gov.za
Tue Sep 23 02:38:02 PDT 2014

Hi

This is the NGI 0.5m imagery layer, but it has not been updated since. We will request OSM to upload the latest imagery... until our WMS service gets up and running.

>>> Chris Berens <chris at mapland.co.za> 2014/09/23 11:26 AM >>>
Some time back a nice man posted this on (I think) this list. Still works but the imagery isn't brand new:

"to load the imagery in QGIS save this file: http://aerial.openstreetmap.org.za/aerial-osm-org-za-tiles.xml to the local machine and load it as a raster layer."

Chris Berens
www.mapland.co.za
+27 (0)82 567 9322