[OSGeo Africa] Free South African Aerial Imagey WMS Layer

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 02:54:13 PDT 2014

Hi
The WGS layer provided by OSM were last updated in October 2013 which at
the time was the latest available dataset, which I personally collected in
Cape Town.

Aslam, if ruraldevelopment.gov.za can provide online acees to the raw data
to myself or Grant Slater then we can get it downloaded and update the OSM
WMS to be more up to date.

Regards

On 23 September 2014 10:38, Aslam Parker <AParker at ruraldevelopment.gov.za>
wrote:

>  Hi
>
> This is the NGI 0.5m imagery layer, but it has not been updated since. We
> will request OSM to upload the latest imagery... until our WMS service gets
> up and running.

> Some time back a nice man posted this on (I think) this list. Still works
> but the imagery isn't brand new:
>
> "to load the imagery in QGIS save this file:
> http://aerial.openstreetmap.org.za/aerial-osm-org-za-tiles.xml to the
> local machine and load it as a raster layer."
>
>  Chris Berens
> www.mapland.co.za
> +27 (0)82 567 9322
>

> On 23 September 2014 11:00, Chlodwik Rossouw <chlodwik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Would anyone perhaps know of a free aerial imagery WMS layer (Highest
>> resolution possible coastal or national South African coverage) that I will
>> be able to pull into QGIS?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chlodwik

Gerhardus Geldenhuis