[OSGeo Africa] How to load .ort DEM into QGIS

Melissa Akoue Mve melakouemve at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 23:11:31 PDT 2015

Hi Gavin and Walter,

Sorry for my late response.  I got caught in meetings and only managed to
try out your suggestions late on friday and this morning.

I tried both ways and they both work well. Walter's suggestion of
downloading the SRTM 30m DEMs is the faster method because I can download
the images as geotiffs and load them in directly without Grass or any other
manipulation.  However I have learnt a lot from trying Gavin's method too.

Thank you both for your invaluable assistance.  This discussion group is
very valuable tool.

Regards,
Melissa