[OSGeo Africa] How to load .ort DEM into QGIS

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 01:55:36 PDT 2015

Thanks Melissa

The NGI DEM is probably a lot more accurate (and higher resolution) than
SRTM so it would be worth scripting that GRASS process if you're
concerned about accuracy.

The NGI DEM if I remember correctly is derived from stereo orthophotos,
more recent ones being done 100% digitally. SRTM on the other hand has
many artefacts. I've used this fixed-up SRTM data before:
http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/dem3.html.

Gavin