[OSGeo Africa] Master's research request

Christ, Sven <16823745@sun.ac.za> 16823745 at sun.ac.za
Wed May 27 04:01:42 PDT 2015

Dear OSGEO Africa members,

My name is Sven Christ I am busy with my Master's Degree in Geography and Environmental studies at Stellenbosch University.My research project is entitled
"Uncertainty visualization in environmental data".  The overarching aim of the project is to compare and evaluate methods of uncertainty visualization and their use in
communicating results from environmental data by expert to novice users.

I would like to conduct an evaluation amongst GIS data users to determine what the local perception is on uncertainty in geospatial data and how it affects processing and decision making.

In order to do this I have developed an online questionnaire and would like to share it with the you as users and producers of geospatial data.

The results from the questionnaire will be completely anonymous and any comments are welcomed.
Below is a link to the questionnaire.

 http://goo.gl/forms/ErZbBztVpA

Thank you in advance for your time, I look forward to your response.

To all GISSA Western Cape members who have already recieved this thank you for your time, please ignore this if you have already completed the questionaire.
If anyone would like to know more about the study or give any extra imput please feel free to contact me at 16823745 at sun.ac.za

Sincerely,

Sven Christ