[OSGeo Africa] Getting ancient SG diagrams into GIS

Hanlie Pretorius hanlie.pretorius at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:26:09 PST 2015

Hi,

A client of mine has sent me 6 SG diagrams dating from 1904 to 1912
and wants me to get them into GIS.

>From my previous experience these will be using a local coordinate
system that needs to be converted to a modern coordinate system that
GIS and I understand. Since I'm not trained as a surveyor, this is
beyond my capabilities.

One of the diagrams has a note that refers to a 1998 consolidation
diagram that I found on the SG site, but it doesn't help me at all,
looking at the 2014 farm data that I have.

Is anyone on the list perhaps willing to help me with this? If so, I
can send you the diagrams and the coordinates on them in Excel format.

Thanks
Hanlie