[OSGeo Africa] Durban and Zimbabwe Data

Walter Smit Walter.Smit at drdlr.gov.za
Mon Aug 22 22:19:47 PDT 2016

Hi Khalid

Just a suggestion. You could use the 1:50000 topographical map series from NGI to get a rough idea of urban growth since (I am guessing) the 1950s. There will probably be a map for each decade since then. NGI has electronic georeferenced versions of those maps available for free. Also remember that NGI also has the aerial photography that those maps are based on – if you would like to do your own image analysis/interpretation.

You can view those topo maps (per decade) on the “public view” of SPISYS – public.pula.co.za

Regards
Walter