[OSGeo Africa] (no subject)

Zoltan Szecsei zoltan.szecsei at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:19:17 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,
Maybe someone can give me a prod in the right direction?

I have two Shape files (both polygons).
I'm trying to copy an attribute field value from B.shp into A.shp, using
Lon and Lat from two of A.shp attribute fields to select the relevant
polygon's attribute in B.shp.

In other words:

A.shp attribute fields are:  "Name", "Longitude" and "Latitude"
B.shp attribute field is "Name"

Using the LatLong coords in the attribute fields of A.shp, I want to select
a polygon in B.shp, and write that polygons "Name" contents into this
A.shp's "Name" field.

Is the field calculator up for this?
I've been trying to find ways of reference fields in separate maps
(layers), but neither Google or I are winning at this.

Regards, and TIA,
Zoltan