[OSGeo Africa] QGIS splitting lines at intersections

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Tue Jul 19 02:12:56 PDT 2016

On 19/07/2016 11:05, Zoltan wrote:
> Hi Gavin,
> I did see the one using "another layer", but that is problematic as
> when one is digitising (say) a town road network you would want to
> honour the straightness of the roads and then intersect them afterwards.
If you're doing it while digitising I would rather set up snapping
perfectly then node intersections while digitising. As simple as
stopping a line and starting a new one instead of just clicking a vertex
at an intersection.
> Hence "popping out" to other facilities just messes up your work-flow.
>
> Will look at the scripting options  - for now this is just a training
> exercise in teaching digitising principals.
>
> Thanks & keep well,
> Zoltan

Gavin Fleming - Joint MD - PrGISc [PGP1234]
Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/>to find out about open source:
* Desktop GIS programming services
* Geospatial web development
* GIS Training