[OSGeo Africa] Albers Equal Area projection datum WGS84

Heidi Van Deventer HvDeventer at csir.co.za
Sun Jul 31 08:51:51 PDT 2016

Dear all

I have an ArcGIS 10.3 geodatabase with feature classes in a custom projection of South Africa:
Albers Equal Area prj with WGS84 as a datum.

When I try to open this in QGIS 2.8, I get an error message that two of the feature classes' coordinate systems aren't recognised, and it therefore does not display at all.

Please advise how I can solve this problem - should I edit it in QGIS ?

Thanks in advance
Heidi