[OSGeo Africa] Unable to read or open previously saved QGIS projects

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Sep 16 05:05:56 PDT 2016

Hi

> On 16 Sep 2016, at 11:06 AM, Marshall Mdoka <marshall.mdoka at monash.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Yes. I concur that is has been around for a while.
>
> I have been very busy with my studies and have yet to move to the earlier latest version.
>
> Does come with an updated training manual or can the students be able to follow through this set of instructions in the latest version?

Yes:

User manual: http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/user_manual
Training manual: http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/training_manual/

You can find the latest docs for QGIS here (including PDF versions of the above):

http://qgis.org/en/docs/index.html

Regards

Tim

> [...]
>> I can help if this is what you're ask.
>>

>> <image.png>
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Marshall Mdoka <marshall.mdoka at monash.edu <mailto:marshall.mdoka at monash.edu>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quick question - What should one do if there are unable to reopen their saved Quantum GIS project or the QGIS fails to read the saved project. A number of my students always encounter errors or the machine crashes.
>>
>> Please advise.
>>
>> --
>> Dr Marshall L. Mdoka
>> Lecturer and Head of Section
>> Geography & Environmental Science
>>

>> Email: marshall.mdoka at monash.edu <mailto:name.surname at monash.edu>
>> Office: +27 11 950 4105 <tel:%2B27%2011%20950%204105>
>>

>> 144 Peter Road, Ruimsig | www.msa.ac.za <http://www.msa.ac.za/>
>>
>>  <https://www.facebook.com/monashsouthafrica>  <http://linkedin.com/edu/monash-south-africa-169003>  <http://instagram.com/monash_sa/>  <http://www.twitter.com/Monash_SA>
>> DISCLAIMER
>> This email and any files attached to it is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this in error, please notify us by return e-mail.
>> Monash South Africa NPC is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act of 1997. Registration number 2000/HE10/002.

> <KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>
>

> Tim Sutton
>
> Co-founder: Kartoza
> Project chair: QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/>
>
> Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open source:
>
> Desktop GIS programming services
> Geospatial web development
> GIS Training
> Consulting Services
>
> Skype: timlinux
> IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net <http://freenode.net/>
>
> Kartoza is a merger between Linfiniti and Afrispatial

> Dr Marshall L. Mdoka
> Lecturer and Head of Section
> Geography & Environmental Science
>

> Email: marshall.mdoka at monash.edu <mailto:name.surname at monash.edu>
> Office: +27 11 950 4105
>

> 144 Peter Road, Ruimsig | www.msa.ac.za <http://www.msa.ac.za/>
>
>  <https://www.facebook.com/monashsouthafrica>  <http://linkedin.com/edu/monash-south-africa-169003>  <http://instagram.com/monash_sa/>  <http://www.twitter.com/Monash_SA>
> DISCLAIMER
> This email and any files attached to it is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this in error, please notify us by return e-mail.
> Monash South Africa NPC is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act of 1997. Registration number 2000/HE10/002.

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org