[OSGeo Africa] Topographic Map Series of Namibia?

Walter Smit Walter.Smit at drdlr.gov.za
Mon Dec 10 04:32:07 PST 2018

Hi Grant

Sorry, I don’t have a contact for Namibia. As you probably know, it is best to contact NGI directly at sales at drdlr.gov.za for the SA stuff.

I seem to recall seeing the hard copy versions of Namibian topos in the NGI archives at Mowbray. Might have been very old versions, from when Namibia as still South West Africa (ie, part of South Africa).

Talking about history, I created a map series/index/layer of all the editions of South African 1:50000 topo maps (going back to the 1930s). It is however a little outdated now (did it in 2013 I think) and NGI has since "found" some of missing editions that I pointed out to them. I am happy to share the actual imagery if someone is interested. It is viewable online, but via a difficult-to-use portal unfortunately.

Kind regards
Walter