[OSGeo Africa] CRS in use in South Africa

Peter Newmarch newmarch at land-surveyors.com
Wed Jan 24 03:19:33 PST 2018

I follow, but the same is achievable by capturing the data (bearing and distance), and positioning such in relation to the abutting properties that presumably already exist on the system. Coordinates just create slivers on the edges as the odds are the new diagram differs from the adjoining diagram coordinates. Just the other day I differed by 1,5m with somebody else – nothing wrong with the surveys, we just used different coordinates. Capturing the coordinates does not actually mean that is where the property actually is. One would think that the capture of the relationships of properties would be more valuable so that as coordinates change the data is still valid.

Peter Newmarch