[OSGeo Africa] ESRI in Government and tender requirements

Llewellyn Gush llewellyn at jgdm.gov.za
Thu Jul 26 05:40:23 PDT 2018

No

(ESRI Vendor rubbing their hands in glee at the captive market)

Government has rules that are put in place for good reason....
Government has policies and procedures and SOP manuals that dictate how
procurement is to be done, and what you may procure and what your
limitations are.

Why are department within Government ignoring/violating their own
policies etc. (OSS policy, MIOS ver 5 If you haven't read them do
yourself a favour and read them)

The circular from NT refers to cost containing measures,  ALL
procurement must take place competitively based on a CLEAR
specification. Product based specification is expressly forbidden.

On 26/07/2018 13:13, Nhamo, Luxon (IWMI-South Africa) wrote:

> Hi all
>

> That is what the supplier wants. I do not see where the problem is. If
> ESRI has managed to penetrate government through their marketing
> strategies what’s the problem? Why can’t you do the same with your
> products? If you can’t beat them join them.
>

> Regards,

Llewellyn Gush
Information Technology Manager
Joe Gqabi District Municipality

Email llewellyn at jgdm.gov.za
Tel : "045 979 3070"
Cell: "082 573 4112"
Fax: "086 699 3633"
Website "www.jgdm.gov.za"

This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
system manager at the following address "postmaster at jgdm.gov.za". Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Joe Gqabi
District Municipality. The recipient shall check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no