[OSGeo Africa] Eastern Cape Spatial Data Request

Heidi Van Deventer HvDeventer at csir.co.za
Mon Sep 10 23:30:12 PDT 2018

Morning Tim,

The link to the NVM zipfile containing an shp is here
http://bgis.sanbi.org/SpatialDataset/Detail/18

and to the NFEPA data http://bgis.sanbi.org/NFEPA - at the bottom right
are all the spatial data sets.

The site requires a login name and password but access is otherwise
free to reports and data.

SANBI and the CSIR are in the process of updating both the NVM, rivers
and wetlands at the moment, as part of the National Biodiversity
Assessment for 2018 (NBA 2018). We hope to have the layers available on
BGIS end this year.
A pre-release of the National Wetland Map (NWM) with draft Inventory
report is however available at the link below. We are in the process of
updating a few of the errors in the NWM5 and the report is being proof
read by a second editor. SANBI has this first release of the NWM5 and it
should be on BGIS, but I can't see it yet. Alternatively please contact
bgishelp at sanbi.org.za for a copy of the geodatabase.

http://opus.sanbi.org/handle/20.500.12143/5847
(
http://pta-smg2.csir.co.za:32224/?dmVyPTEuMDAxJiY4ZjQ4MGE2OGIxY2I4MWU3OD01QjhENDQxNl8yNjY4M180NDlfMSYmZTE5YWE4NGQzNGNiYzMxPTEzMzMmJnVybD1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGb3B1cyUyRXNhbmJpJTJFb3JnJTJGaGFuZGxlJTJGMjAlMkU1MDAlMkUxMjE0MyUyRjU4NDc=)

Van Deventer, H., Smith-Adao, L., Mbona, N., Peterson, C., Skowno, A.,
Collins, N., Grenfell, M., Lotter, M., Ollis, D., Scherman, P., Seiben,
E., Job, N., and Snaddon, K. 2018. South African Inventory of Inland
Aquatic Ecosystems.
Kind regards,
Heidi
>>> Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> 10/09/2018 15:45 >>>
Hi Heidi

Thanks for sharing these links! I tried to get the 2012 veg map but I
note that it is available  in .cmf format. I am not familiar with that
extension - do you know if it is available in something I can open in my
trusty copy of QGIS?

NVM2012beta2_Mobile9.cmf

Regards

Tim