[OSGeo Africa] Drone Footage of RSA

Pieter du Plooy pjduplooy.gis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 10:46:33 PDT 2019

Hi guys

Long time lurker here, but my first post in this mailing list.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a test file of drone footage
over RSA (preferably over Pretoria) that they are willing to share with me.

I am testing the fmv plugins for QGIS and arc.

i got some test files from my employer (UAS footage), which unfortunately
contained audio streams which prevented me from using it in the two
applications.  I had to use a video converter application to get rid of the
audio, but that also removed the metadata.

If it is not possible to provide me with such footage, can anyone suggest
any way of converting the video, without removing the metadata, but
removing the audio.  I tried extracting the metadata using the QGIS fmv
plugin, but when I tried to combine the metadata and the converted video
using both Arc and QGIS that did not work.

Its worth mentioning that the converted video played using both plugins, so
that is at least a start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Pieter