[OSGeo Africa] Open Source Software

Leon Vosloo leon.v at govanmbeki.gov.za
Fri Oct 25 05:02:24 PDT 2019

This sounds good. Thank you Hugo.

From: Africa [mailto:africa-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Hugo Paul
Sent: 25 October 2019 12:27 PM
To: Africa local chapter discussions <africa at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [OSGeo Africa] Open Source Software

Hi Leon

You can install PostgreSQL with PostGIS on your local server and add the tables necessary for your property register, you can then set up constraints, create user roles/logins, etc.

You can connect to your postgresql database using pgadmin or QGIS to edit your table(s) and also create spatial data.

This works great for us and multiple users can edit the same table/dataset concurrently. Our postgresql database is installed on our local server (LAN) and is not exposed to the web.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hugo

Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, distributing, or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.