[OSGeo Africa] South Africa Schools NEIMS Data

Immo Blecher immob19 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 00:57:56 PDT 2026


Hi Sboniso,

I would start here 
https://www.datafirst.uct.ac.za/dataportal/index.php/catalog/985/study-description 
to download all the schools first.

Although I have a database of all boreholes in KZN it is quite old. But 
I think it is still maintained by DWS KZN office. Most schools have 
boreholes, but I'm not sure about sources of information on other types 
of water supply.

Regards and good luck.

Immo

On 2026/10/03 13:24, Sboniso Mjaja via Africa wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am currently searching for data of School water infrastructure in 
> South Africa more specifically KZN.
>
> The data should show the following:
>
> 1. School identification details
> 2. GPS or location data
> 3. Type of water infrastructure (Reticulated Water, Borehole, 
> Rainwater Harvesting etc)
>
> This is data that ideally would be in the DBE NEIMS but I have had no 
> luck contacting their offices.
>
> Would appreciate your assistance with this request and KZN Borehole 
> data if possible.
>
> Kind regards,
> Sboniso Mjaja
>
> _______________________________________________
> Africa mailing list
> Africa at lists.osgeo.org
> You can UNSUBSCRIBE athttps://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/africa
-- 

*Immo F. Blecher**
*/*Mobil(e):*///+491512 639 6176 | +27 83 272 6791
*Tel.:* +49 5508 449 0071
*Email:*_immo at blecher.co.za_ <mailto:immo at blecher.co.za> | 
_immob19 at gmail.com_ <mailto:immob19 at gmail.com>
*Internet:*_https:// www.blecher.co.za_ <https://www.blecher.co.za/> | 
_https:// aquabase.blecher.co.za_ <https://www.blecher.co.za/>

<a href="https://www.flaticon.com/free-icons/tree" title="tree 
icons">Tree icons created by Freepik - Flaticon</a> Please consider your 
environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask 
yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

*IMPORTANT*: The contents of this email and any attachments are 
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you 
have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender 
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies 
thereof.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/africa/attachments/20261004/e82ccb30/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: tree.png
Type: image/png
Size: 23671 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/africa/attachments/20261004/e82ccb30/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the Africa mailing list