[OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo signs the open letter for Public Money Public Code

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Sat Nov 27 08:46:16 PST 2021

2021-11-26
Newsitem:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/osgeo-signs-the-open-letter-for-public-money-public-code/

OSGeo signs the open letter for Public Money Public Code

OSGeo supports the open letter of the Public Money Public Code campaign
of the Free Software Foundation Europe (fsfe).

The campaign postulates that publicly funded software has to be Free and
Open Source Software.

OSGeo as a foundation that represents Open Source Software projects
supports this initiative.

Some of our Local Chapters like FOSSGIS e.V. and Free Libre Open Source
Software Kosova (FLOSSK) already.

https://publiccode.eu/openletter/

https://publiccode.eu/

Yours OSGeo Board of Directors

About the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4)
organization to empower everyone with open source geospatial. The
software foundation directly supports projects serving as an outreach
and advocacy organization providing financial, organizational and legal
support for the open source geospatial community.

OSGeo works with GeoCat, OPENGIS.ch, Gaia3D, Astun Technology and other
sponsors, along with our partners to foster an open approach to
software, standards, data and education.

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
https://www.osgeo.org/