[BuenosAires] Fwd: Re: [HOT] Tell Your Story (FOSS4G Buenos Aires 2013)

Fernando correo at fernando.com.ar
Wed Jan 23 06:31:20 PST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [HOT] Tell Your Story (FOSS4G Buenos Aires 2013)
Date: 	Wed, 23 Jan 2013 06:55:03 -0500
From: 	hyances at gmail.com <hyances at gmail.com>
To: 	Fernando <correo at fernando.com.ar>
CC: 	Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com>, Geoinquietos Buenos Aires
<buenosaires at lists.osgeo.org>, Julio Costa Zambelli
<julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl>, Séverin MENARD <severin.menard at hotosm.org>

Hi Fernando:

Actually I'm working in La Boquilla [1] (Cartagena, Colombia) looking to
resolve the question ¿how OSM maps can contribute to economic &
sustainable development?  We do a participatory mapping activity with
locals and university students [2] and the resulting map is used in
workshops with the community [3].  We create this interactive map [4] to
share with stakeholders, showing how conservancy is the sinergy way
for competitiveness.  Now we are lobbiying with local tourism authority
and hotels, to use map for promote ecotourism and create a social system
to measures services quality & enviromental commitment of ecotourism
associations.

¿How to team up? Just an idea:

1.  Severin could do a HOT general presentation, with actual Asia-Africa
projects;
2.  Julio and I could complement by skype about Chile and Colombia
mapping activities (related with HOT mission)

Please let me know about your comments,

Humberto Yances

[1] http://bit.ly/laboquilla
[2] http://ceelat.org/mapas/mapeo-participativo-en-la-boquilla/