[BuenosAires] [HOT] Tell Your Story (FOSS4G Buenos Aires 2013)

Fernando correo at fernando.com.ar
Wed Jan 23 07:43:33 PST 2013

Humberto,

> Actually I'm working in La Boquilla [1] (Cartagena, Colombia) looking
> to resolve the question ¿how OSM maps can contribute to economic &
> sustainable development?  We do a participatory mapping activity with
> locals and university students [2] and the resulting map is used in
> workshops with the community [3].  We create this interactive map
> [4] to share with stakeholders, showing how conservancy is the sinergy
> way for competitiveness.  Now we are lobbiying with local tourism
> authority and hotels, to use map for promote ecotourism and create a
> social system to measures services quality & enviromental commitment
> of ecotourism associations.
This is just great work! your experience may be quite helpful for local
(Argentina) initiatives like "Qué pasa Riachuelo?" [1][2], which despite
not using OSM, their objectives seems to be the same. I can put you in
contact with them.

> ¿How to team up? Just an idea:
>
> 1.  Severin could do a HOT general presentation, with actual
> Asia-Africa projects;
> 2.  Julio and I could complement by skype about Chile and Colombia
> mapping activities (related with HOT mission)

I think its a good idea, so we should do separate talks.

Could you describe you efforts and work in a 30 minutes skype talk?

Julio, the same goes for you, let me know!

Thank you all,
Fernando.

PS: What about Ceelat?, Id like to invite them to participate as well,
is there someone I could talk to?

[1] http://quepasariachuelo.org.ar <http://quepasariachuelo.org.ar/>
[2] http://datospublicos.org/package/que-pasa-riachuelo